Thursday, November 1, 2007

Right...

So, blogging. You must know I am here because it is National Blog Posting Month. I am supposed to have something to say everyday. Here's a head's up about me - I am neurotic and have no comprehension of social conventions. I am quite sure at some point I will talk about sports, politics, pets, and any number of things. What I really don't want to create is just an online diary. A diary is for personal things an day in/day out stuff. That is both private and un-interesting. I love dialogue - maybe a bit too mcuh. But I really have an issue with people who simply post their inner emotional workings, and either get mad because the wrong person found out, or get upset because so many people feel the need to comment on their lives. Oh, did I mention that sometimes I am a bit impatient and sometimes say things that are either offensive or entirely inappropriate? It is sort of my husband's job to tell me when I am behaving in a manner that is socially inappropriate. He's so kind about it, too. Enter the awesomeness of the Internet - not only can I say what I want, but there are few rules of etiquette and no one pays attention to them anyway. How glorious. If you hate me you don't ever have to listen to me again. If you hate me and want to tell me about it - some people really like endorphins, like left-wingers who feel compelled to listen to Rush Limbaugh and marathon runners - in no way do I feel any moral compunction about not caring. Also, marathons are sinful. The first dude who ran a "marathon" died. And we celebrate this? Seriously, who does that? So, tomorrow I will have a real issue to pontificate about. Also - you should know I lack any recognizable train of thought or notion of resolution. If you are into post-modern lit you might just fall in love with me.

2 comments:

Mr. T said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
'Til Next Time said...

Brilliant! and I'm so glad that you have a blog now. P.s.- Why did you delete the first comment? Rudeness already?