Tuesday, November 6, 2007

good advice

I was recently reminded that it is a bad idea to conduct my education in public. This sounds terribly reasonable to me. I don't want to announce to colleagues and future employers how dumb I am I don't want to discuss ideas that are not mature. But I'm not sure how to do that. It seems to me every time I open my mouth or sit down at my computer, people can gage my learnin'. Simply the maturity of argument or the basic construction of a sentence indicates something about whether I am moving forward, backward, or am at stasis. I believe not only do I need guidance, but I think lots of us should seriously consider this wise gem.

Also, 2007 has been the deadliest year in Iraq. Good thing there is the upside of stable democracy in the Middle East and low gas prices. I support our soldiers - and I especially support their right to life. And time with their families. And decent pay.

No comments: