Monday, November 26, 2007

The Bad-Assness of my Rhetorocity is overwhelming

Guess who is presenting at RSA in the summer?

That's right, bitches. Of course now I actually have to produce a paper that sounds as good as my abstract, but we'll cross the bridge when we come to it.

On another I-am-awesomer-than-I-realized note, here is a little blurb from "The Week":

Men have a good evolutionary reason for preferring women with narrow waists and wide, womanly hips, says the London Sunday Times. Women with a classic "hour-glass" figure, a new study has found, tend to have smarter children. Using data from 16,000 women, University of Pittsburgh and University of California researchers found that moms with large hip-to-waist rations were more intelligent themselves, and gave birth to children who scored higher on standardized tests. Growing babies' brains thrive on omega-3 fatty acids, which are found in the type of fat that tends to settle around a woman's hips. Tummy fat, on the other hand, is high in omega-6 fats, which don't seem to promote brain development. Women who are thin or stick-figured also ten not to have high levels of omega-3s. This may be one reason evolution programmed men to be attracted to curvy women. Previous studies have found another possible reason: Women with this body shape tend to be more fertile.

And finally, please remember that the original Venus looked a bit like this:

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://donsmaps.com/clickphotos/venuswillindorflarge.jpg&imgrefurl=http://donsmaps.com/willendorf.html&h=1496&w=812&sz=196&hl=en&start=1&sig2=mMHhAvXGywagcJIy_BEBPA&tbnid=ZLvsOs8iJphgOM:&tbnh=150&tbnw=81&ei=o5hLR8mEBp-SeLKinO4L&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dvenus%2Bof%2Bwillendorf%26gbv%3D2%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den

Eat it, Twiggy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

good morning ppl. I'm actually into shoes and I have been looking for the sake of that exact model. The prices seeking the sneakers are all over 350 bucks on every page. But definitively I found this locate selling them someone is concerned half price. I exceptionally love these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely order these. what can you say about it?

Anonymous said...

hello fellas. I'm really into shoes and I have been searching for the sake of that particular make. The prices as regards the boots were about 240 dollars on every page. But definitively I found this site selling them for the benefit of half price. I absolutely want these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely order these. what is your opinion?