Tuesday, December 4, 2007

as we speak

I am proctoring an exam right now. I feel like this is the best exam I have written. This has been a hard skill for me to learn, but the bigger my classes get, the more important it becomes. Because I am not going grade 140 papers. I just won't.

I had a nice moment earlier. One of the students currently taking my exam (she's two rows away from me, in fact) told me in the beginning of the semester she had every intention of dropping my class. On the first day she changed her mind. She came by to tell me she was so glad she did not drop and it was her favorite class. As I typed this sentence another came up to turn in her exam and tell me she had been bragging to the head of the dept. about me. This is not to toot my own horn. This is a moment of zen, and sometimes those need to be shared, a la Jen.

I'm sure I will have something more relevant to your life later today. But for now, I hope you are the type of person who gets joy out of seeing somebody with a sense of satisfaction. Because that's me - I am happy with the job I did this semester.

Now if I could just get that dissertation going...

No comments: