Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Division amongst the Ranks

RBS Warns of Stock, Credit Market Crash: Report - Companies * Europe * News * Story - CNBC.com

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/06/17/AR2008061702463.html?nav=rss_email/components

Let's briefly discuss this tension. The RBS is warning us that there is going to be an international stock crash over the next three months. But we are told (by the Post, albeit) that there is no need to be as depressed as we are.

I am inclined to believe the Post, but a) I am not an economist and b) I don't know much about international markets. Money is very clearly not my issue of primary concern, but I know I need to be aware of these things - as I will be entering the job market in the next two years.

So what's the scoop? Should I be as worried as most Americans are? If I should be, how worried? If stocks crash, are we looking at disaster because of the on-going food and feul crises? The most vulnerable amongst us are being hurt by food and fuel prices in ways that are pretty unmeasurable. Will a slap in the face of the not so vulnerable be a good thing? Or are we really looking at disaster?

If you have any answers to any of these questions - please, help me sleep at night.

No comments: